Wednesday, December 25, 2013

~BONUS~ **Academic Trip to Langkawi **

We were excited when Dr. Hafizal first told us that we will be having a studio academic trip to Langkawi which was held on 23-25/11/2013, after the submission of project 6(a) and 6(b).
It was a great release for all of us since we had stay overnight at studio for the previous project almost every night.
Let me recall what we have done at the trip~

~~**FLASHBACK**~~

The very first day, we departed from Kuala Perlis Jetty after gathered at Padang Kawad, USM.
It was not the first time I boarded on ferry but I felt dizzy after reached at Langkawi Island.
After we taken our lunch, we moved to Dataran Lang for the first activity : 
Man-made structure sketching

Most of the students chose the landmark of Langkawi : Eagle Square, but me and my friends had chosen a bridge connected from Dataran Lang to the Jetty for our man-made structure sketching. 
I not sure that is my sketching was alright since I used pencil colours in my man-made structure drawing. 

*P/S: Sorry for no picture shown for my drawing due to the submission of drawing*


We were then accommodate to different villa/homestay and I were arranged to stay at Rainbow Homestay with other Chinese girls.
Time to take a nap and ready for the BBQ party at night along the coast


While waiting for the food to be served, we grouped according to majors for a sharing session with lecturers.
Then, we discuss about performance session which will be held after dinner.
Around 10pm, finally our foods are ready!!!!!
Regarding to the performance, QS students and CM students had a dancing performance which got 'BOOOOO' from the lecturers~ How sad =(

Second day,
we went to Dayang Bunting Island, Singa Besar Island and lastly the Beras Basah Island.

* on the boat with the buddies *

* the Bukit Mengandung *


* Dayang Bunting Island *

* Lake in Dayang Bunting Island *

* Self-cycled boat at Dayang Bunting Island *

We were requested to have our Natural Structure Sketching at Beras Basah Island
and I chose coconut tree for my drawing
* P/S: Due to the submission, I could not show my sketching here 

We left the island around 2pm and have the famous chicken rice in Langkawi as our lunch.
Then, is time for Telematch.
There are few games for the Telematch:
1) Futsal with sarong attire
2) 2 men 3 foots
3) Make-up

LAST DAY,
we went to LADA, Lembaga Pembangunan Langkawi for a brief talk about the role and contribution of LADA
We were then served with Nasi Lemak as our lunch before we move to the next destination - Gunung Mat Cincang
It is a beautiful place with a lot of eye-catching sceneries
Cable car is the main/only transport to the peak of Gunung Mat Cincang





Then, we gathered at the foot hill around 1.15pm
Last activity, SHOPPING~~~~
We moved to Billion Supermarket, a paradise for CHOCOLATE ADDICTS
1 hour time for shopping, and here is what me and my friends bought


Then, is time to BACK =(

This trip is a great get-away for me and I felt released and did not felt depressed at least for 3 days which is meaningful enough for me
~Hoping for the next academic trip~


No comments:

Post a Comment